- The Lord would continue to provide patient, competent, committed, sober language partners (like we were blessed to find our last term).
- We would master speaking the correct tones.
- We would retain the vocabulary we memorize (nouns, verbs, idiomatic expressions).
- We would have the time to devote to further analysis of the language. For Dave this would be tracking participants throughout discourse, understanding the semantics of remote past tense markers and future markers, and a deeper understanding of procedural and expository discourse. For Stacey, this is a tonal analysis of possessive pronouns, tone in non-indicative moods, and tone in subordinate clauses.
- Pray that we would understand and be understood.
Enter your email to receive our newsletters.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.