We are often encouraged by how many people are praying for our family and our endeavors. So, we thought we would have a tab with just updated prayer requests:
Things we Always Need Prayer For:
- Pray that the Lord would raise up hundreds of translators within our lifetime so that the remaining ~200 languages in Cameroon would have access to the Scriptures. Pray that every single person in Cameroon would have access to a Bible they can understand.
- Pray that the Lord would use our ministry to mobilize many into missions.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would bless his Word and cause multitudes to worship Christ.
- Pray that the Lord would grant us remarkable intelligence as we study languages and translate His Word.
- Pray we would be led by, empowered by, and full of the Holy Spirit as we translate and share the Gospel.
- Pray that all of our children would be saved young and that they would make “our ministry” their own. That our home would serve as a training center so that they can be sent out to do Kingdom work.
- Pray that we would be characterized by this kind of love towards those inside and those outside of our home: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
- For physical safety in Cameroon (especially on the roads) and that we’d be kept from sickness and disease.
- That the Lord would grant us long lives so that we could see the entire Bible translated from Genesis to Revelation.
Current Prayer Requests (as of June 2023):
|Praise the Lord…|
– Praise God that we get to return to Cameroon!
– Praise God for all the graces in America that have blessed our children (safety, loving teachers, youth groups, and teachers).
– Praise God for the work of our 16 Kwakum literacy teachers who have labored teaching the Kwakum to read and write this year.
– Click here to download a prayer guide for this season of our ministry.
– Pray for the salvation of Makyra, Elias, and Zoey.
– Pray for our family during transition–that we would have a “team” mindset and cooperative spirits.
– Please pray for Dave Ernst to reach 100% of his support raising goal so that he could start working on media/artwork for the Kwakum full time. (Please consider joining his team of supporters. Learn more on his website).
– Pray that we would re-learn Kwakum and French and be able to communicate well.
– Pray for safety and health.
– Pray for additional church planters and Bible translators to join us in our labors among the Kwakum.
Check out our Newsletters page to keep up with prayer requests and events.
Also, see all of our blogs that call for prayer HERE.
Here are the prayer cards for specific Kwakum people that I made up (if you right click and view the picture in a new tab you can read the entire card):