We are often encouraged by how many people are praying for our family and our endeavors. So, we thought we would have a tab with just updated prayer requests:
Things we Always Need Prayer For:
- Pray that the Lord would raise up hundreds of translators within our lifetime so that the remaining ~200 languages in Cameroon would have access to the Scriptures. Pray that every single person in Cameroon would have access to a Bible they can understand.
- Pray that the Lord would use our ministry to mobilize many into missions.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would bless his Word and cause multitudes to worship Christ.
- Pray that the Lord would grant us remarkable intelligence as we learn languages and translate His Word.
- Pray we would be led by, empowered by, and full of the Holy Spirit as we translate and share the Gospel.
- Pray that all of our children would be saved young and that they would make “our ministry” their own. That our home would serve as a training center so that they can be sent out to do Kingdom work.
- Pray that we would be characterized by this kind of love towards those inside and those outside of our home: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
- For physical safety in Cameroon (especially on the roads) and that we’d be kept from sickness and disease.
- That the Lord would grant us long lives so that we could see the entire Bible translated from Genesis to Revelation.
Current Prayer Requests (as of Nov 2021):
Join us in praising God!
- Praise the Lord with us for our phenomenal homeschool teacher, Kenneth Scott. Our kids are currently in 7th grade.
- Praise the Lord for open doors and people’s readiness to hear the Gospel.
- Praise the Lord for the number of interns we will have in December.
- Praise the Lord for the power of his Word to transform hearts, households, and even nations.
Pray with us!
- Pray that our children would tremble at the Word of God, would be broken and contrite hearts over their sin, and will reject the sins of the culture around us. Pray that Elias, Zoey, and Makyra would come to saving faith in Christ.
- Pray that the Lord would use The Book of Good News all over the world to bring many to faith in Christ.
- Pray that we would have an incredibly productive last six months on the field before our furlough.
- Pray for new believers, specifically that they would learn to be kind-hearted: Koo, Mami, Jean Pierre, Patrice, Falon, Guilenne, and Indy.
- Pray for seekers, that they would understand the Gospel and enter into worship of Christ: Maggie, Naando, Jeandarc, Matthew, Françoise, Vanessa, Anita, and Chewngy.
Check out our Newsletters page to keep up with prayer requests and events.
Also, see all of our blogs that call for prayer HERE.
I created a folder (HERE) with various prayer cards including:
- Our family prayer card
- Prayer cards for each of the people groups in Cameroon that do not have any of the Scriptures in their language (note: the people in the photos are not from the tribes listed)
- Prayer cards specific to Kwakum people.
Here are the prayer cards for specific Kwakum people that I made up: