We are often encouraged by how many people are praying for our family and our endeavors. So, we thought we would have a tab with just updated prayer requests:
Things we Always Need Prayer For:
- Pray that the Lord would raise up hundreds of translators within our lifetime so that the remaining ~200 languages in Cameroon would have access to the Scriptures. Pray that every single person in Cameroon would have access to a Bible they can understand.
- Pray that the Lord would use our ministry to mobilize many into missions.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would bless his Word and cause multitudes to worship Christ.
- Pray that the Lord would grant us remarkable intelligence as we study languages and translate His Word.
- Pray we would be led by, empowered by, and full of the Holy Spirit as we translate and share the Gospel.
- Pray that all of our children would be saved young and that they would make “our ministry” their own. That our home would serve as a training center so that they can be sent out to do Kingdom work.
- Pray that we would be characterized by this kind of love towards those inside and those outside of our home: 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”
- For physical safety in Cameroon (especially on the roads) and that we’d be kept from sickness and disease.
- That the Lord would grant us long lives so that we could see the entire Bible translated from Genesis to Revelation.
Current Prayer Requests (as of Oct 2023):
|Pray for us
|– Pray for Magui as she continues to reach out to her father. Pray that she would have wisdom and grace in what she says, and that she might lead him to faith.
– Pray for the believers who have been faltering. Pray for conviction of sin, and repentance, and restoration, and growth.
– Pray for Natalie who desperately needs surgery after taking a severe fall. Her left hip came out of socket and was not dealt with in a timely manner due to medical neglect. Pray that we would be able to help her, and that the surgery would go well, and that she would come to understand the love of Christ through the love we are seeking to show her.
|Praise with us
|– God is really using his Word to shape the minds and hearts of Kwakum people.
– We are getting closer and closer to completing the OT Storying Project, after which we will begin the NT Storying Project. Please pray for wisdom and diligent work and testing. Pray that God would continue to demonstrate the power of his Word.
– People have been approaching us asking for Bible studies, what an amazing blessing!
– When we arrived we helped our literacy teachers grade tests. 42 people from all the villages have now passed the literacy exam!
Check out our Newsletters page to keep up with prayer requests and events.
Also, see all of our blogs that call for prayer HERE.
Here are the prayer cards for specific Kwakum people that I made up (if you right click and view the picture in a new tab you can read the entire card):