By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.John 13:35
- Pray we’d love like Christ. Pray that the love that Dave and I have for one another and for our children – that it would not be assumed to be part of “white-people” culture, but instead would communicate that our love is an overflow of the love with which we have been loved by God.
- Pray for physical health. Pray especially for Dave as he spent our last term sick half the time. Pray that the Lord would keep us all healthy so that we could have the necessary energy to do the work of translation.
- Pray for faithfulness as missionaries and parents. Pray that Dave and I would be found faithful before the Lord in the various hats that we wear – pray that we would stand before Christ and not be found ashamed for neglecting the children and/or the ministry he has entrusted to us. Pray that we would be faithful to teach, train, correct, and encourage our children. Pray that we would also be faithful to translate his Word with excellence and teach it to the Bakoum people.
- Pray for our homeschool teachers. Pray for Hunter who will be joining us for the first year of our next term. Pray that she would thrive in Cameroon, that she would persevere as a teacher, and grow in her intimacy with Christ on the field. Pray also that the Lord would direct the steps of our homeschool teachers back to field for life-time service.
- Pray for our children. Pray that the would consider Cameroon their home. Pray that the Lord would save the ones who do not know Christ and would grow Kaden who is a professing believer. Pray that the Lord would work in them compassion for the sick and suffering.
- Pray for physical safety. Pray that the Lord would protect us from the hands of those of evil intensions. Pray for safety from snakes, car accidents, fires, thieves, and civil unrest.
- Pray for help with the burden of just “living.” Living (food prep, laundry, house cleaning, etc) takes about 4 times as long as it does in the States. So, if we spend 10 hours a week in the States cooking and cleaning, we spend 40 hours a week in Cameroon doing the same thing. Pray that our family would have a “team” mindset in household responsibilities and that our children would learn to work hard, do a task “all the way,” and serve with a heart of love for others.