The Hare family will soon be in the US. We are going to spend June 2022 – June 2023 headquartered in Louisville, KY. However, we will also be touring throughout the US in order to see you!
Accomplished this term
This has been a busy term! We have now been in the village for this term for almost 4 full years. In that time we…
- …developed a writing system which is now accepted and used by the language community,
- …wrote literacy primers and teacher’s manuals in order to teach the Kwakum how to read and write their language,
- …trained Kwakum 16 literacy teachers who are now leading literacy classes per week throughout various Kwakum villages Bible stories from Genesis and Exodus will be read in these classes throughout this next year!
- …translated completely and tested 24 Bible stories (including the birth of Christ),
- …wrote The Book of Good News, an evangelistic Bible study which is now being used by Kwakum believers and in a neighboring people group as well in evangelism. We have seen at least two people come to Christ through this curriculum.
- …taught through MANY Bible studies including: Bible studies to young girls in our villages, evangelistic Bible studies with unbelievers, discipleship studies for new believers. (People have begged us to teach them the Bible which has led up us teaching up to 5 times a week.)